Friday 21 June 2013

OVER THE MOON. . . 


My script, 'SONG OF THE LOST SISTER' has just won the Atlantis Award at the Moondance Film Festival -- in what I consider to be the most life-affirmative screenplay competition on the planet.

Creative Director Elizabeth English informed me that the script "should be a part of any screen-writing instruction class, on how to write a movie"!

Strunned, elated -- but not to be outdone -- I replied by stating how proud I was "to be recognised in a festival whose ethos I so respect."

I've had a number of successes this year, but this win is particularly special to me.

"Elizabeth", I added, "You're doing a terrific -- and, more significantly, important -- job. My friend Eilis Mernagh, a former Moondance winner/attendee, refers to you as a legend.
  
"I promise to keep producing accountable, life-affirmative (if sometimes testing) work. And I look forward to competing in Moondance again in the future."

I sincerely hope I deserved Elizabeth English's praise as much as she deserves mine -- and, what's more, the respect of the whole film world.

Elizabeth, that is, not me. Long may she reign! 

http://www.moondancefilmfestival.com/


(Originally posted, WritersCut.Net, 5/10/2012.)

No comments:

Post a Comment